We would like to reassure our patients that our Hull dental practice is still open, so please continue to visit us for dental health examinations, hygiene appointments and emergency dental care. Dental practices were exempt from the second lockdown due to the essential service we provide.
For the team at Manor Dental Health in Hull to be able to treat you safely, we need fully compliant PPE, to exercise social distancing measures and apply stringent cross-infection control.
We also need to allow more time between each patient to allow us to carry out extra cleaning and this means that during the day, we can see a reduced number of patients.
If you are having difficulty booking an appointment as quickly as you may have previously, please bear with us.
In order to ensure you teeth and gums stay in tip-top health in the meantime, our principal dentist Nick Allday has put together a list of health tips, with a little help from the Oral Health Foundation, the UK’s leading dental health charity.
Help prevent dental problems from happening during the coronavirus pandemic – and any other time!
- Brush your teeth for two minutes, twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- The best time to brush is last thing at night, before you go to bed.
- Cut down on how much sugar you have and how often you have it.
- Keep sugar consumption to mealtimes. This will reduce the time your teeth are under attack.
- Use interdental brushes or floss to clean in between your teeth – before brushing.
- Use mouthwash daily to remove bad bacteria and keep fresh breath.
- Sugar-free chewing gum can help produce saliva and neutralise the plaque acids in your mouth.
If you have any questions, please contact one of our friendly and approachable team, who will be happy to help. Remember, the opening hours at our Willerby Road dental practice are very convenient and we open at 8am every weekday and until 6.30pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
We look forward to seeing you and your family soon. Until then, please stay safe and look after yourselves.